Are you good at telling stories? If so give your creativity a twist… spin a short story about our very own Earth and submit it to our very first creative writing contest. - Geo-Tales (or Earth Tales), our annual Geoweek Creative writing contest, a contest with a twist, featuring stories about the dynamic earth and the role of Earth Science in making a more sustainable world.
Geo Tales... creative writing contest..
Deadline: 5:00 PM IST on Wednesday, November 10th, 2021.
Entry fee: Free
Theme: Earth Science & Sustainability!
To participate, submit original text (only) in any creative format. It may be a short story, an essay, a prose, a poem, a song or any other creative form of text within the limit of 500 words.
The contest is open to all internationally irrespective of age or background.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- All submissions are to be done online through the CERG website
- The text must be typed (not handwritten), In Times New Roman; Font size: 12; Line spacing: 1.5pt., and uploaded as a PDF file to our website.
- All submitted entries should have a title.
- Save the file in the following format “Earth Tales – ‘First name and Last Name’” - E.g. Earth Tales – Anil Sharma
- Upload the file to our website when filling up your registration form.
- The short listed entries will be notified by mail.
- The names of the selected entries will be displayed online during our Annual Geoweek celebrations to be held in November 2021.
- The selected candidates may also have a chance to present their work live during the Geoweek event.
- Selected works will also be featured on our website.
- Like us on our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/geoscienceforall
- Winners will be announced through two separate categories, The People’s Choice, will be decided through an online poll that will be live during the Geoweek days. The Critic’s Choice will be decided through evaluation by a panel of experts.
- Exciting trophies and prizes for the winners.
- Certificate of Accomplishment will be given to all shortlisted entries and a participation certificate to all participants.
Please contact Abhilash @ 70576 87873 or Natraj @ 98220 01960 if you have any queries.