INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON GEOSPATIAL ANALYSIS USING GOOGLE EARTH ENGINE (GEE) AND MACHINE LEARNING WITH PYTHON
A two-day online workshop (WS) for post-graduate students and young researchers will be held on 6th (Sat) and 9th (Tues) May 2023.
- Centre for Education & Research in Geosciences (India)
- Geoinformatics Lab., Osaka Metropolitan University (Japan)
- International Institute of Information Technology (I2IT), (India)
- Naresuan University, Phitsanulok. (Thailand)
The workshop aims to provide insights into prominent Python libraries for Remote Sensing and geospatial analysis. The contents covered in each section are as listed below
- Introduction to Google Collab & GEE
- Interacting with GEE using Python in Collab
- Interacting with GEE using Python in Jupyter Notebook
- Introduction to basic toolsets for creating Machine Learning models
- Numpy, Pandas, and Geopandas libraries for geospatial data analysis
- Using Python to wrangle, plot, and build models using spatial datasets
- Explore how to create, import, and export spatial data using Rasterio
- Interaction with GEE using Python.
- Define an area of interest.
- Find and use satellite data.
- Basic satellite data processing.
- Plotting graphs and maps using Plotly and Matplotlib
- Gain insights into geospatial analytics and perform spatial analysis on your data.
- Build a machine learning pipeline using the Scikit library
- Deploying ML workflow and accuracy assessment in real-world use cases
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: Restricted to 30 (+-5)
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE (All times are GMT)
DAY 1: 06 May (Sat) 2023.
|03:00 - 03:30||Opening Session|
|04:00 - 06:00||Session 1 : Google Collab for Geospatial analysis (Gopa Kumar et al.)|
|08:00 - 10:00||Session 2 : Geospatial Machine Learning I (Prakash et al.)|
DAY 2: 09 May (Tue) 2023.
|03:30 - 06:00||Session 3 : Interacting with GEE in Python (Gopa et al.)|
|08:00 - 10:00||Session 4 : Geospatial Machine Learning II (Prakash et al.)|
|10:00 - 10:30||Closing Session|
|Post-Graduate Students :||25 USD *|
|Young Researchers employed at University / Research Institutes :||50 USD|
*Proof of full-time student status is required
- Dr. Duan H.D., International University-VNU-HCM (VN)
- Mr. Gopakumar P., Freelance Geospatial Enthusiast (IN)
- Dr. Prakash P.S. Research Associate, NUIG (IE)
- Dr. Venkatesh R., Osaka Metropolitan University (JP)
- Natraj Vaddadi (IN)
- Dr. Rajesh Vattikuti (IN)
- Dr. Sittichai Choosumrong (TH)
- Participants need Google account and register as GEE user prior to registering for Workshop.
- Approval of GEE account could take few days for approval; hence it is better to obtain a GEE account well in advance (See https://signup.earthengine.google.com/).
- While some basic knowledge of Python programming is necessary to follow the tutorials, we welcome learners of all levels.
- Participants will be expected to complete some preparatory exercises before attending the training workshop.
- Ensure that you have a good, stable Internet connectivity.
- Access to computer and internet with Google Chrome, or FireFox (Latest Version) browser.
- Only participants successfully completing mid and final assignments will be awarded workshop completion certificates.
- Participants who are unable to complete assignments will receive attendance certificate only.
- Limited number of workshop fee waivers will be offered to deserving candidates on basis of competitive selection.
Last date for booking a seat for the workshop is 22 April 2023 (Anywhere on Earth (AoE) Time zone).