Yet another learning event from us at CERG – the first ever Inter- School Earth Science based Projects contest – The GeoLab 2018. Schools can take part in the competition by presenting a project based on a subject related to Earth Science. Each school can submit one project for contest.
The submitted projects will be displayed in an exhibition to be held on 6th and 7th of September 2018 in Pune and judged by a panel of judges.
- The GeoLab 2018 Inter school projects contest is based on a theme related to the field of Earth sciences encompassing subjects like Astronomy, Geography, Geology, Atmospheric sciences, Hydrosphere, Environment, etc.
- The contest is for students from 6th to 10th standard.
- Each team should not have more than four members. Each team should have a project mentor, preferably a teacher.
- Schools are welcome to submit more than one proposal.
- Qualification of entries for the contest will be based on the relevance to the subject and uniqueness of the proposed project/model.
- Acceptance of the proposals will be made on an ongoing basis. Schools will be communicated the results within two to three days of receipt of the project proposal
- Of the approved proposals, only one project may be submitted as the final entry per school. The school has the choice for making the entry. In exceptional circumstances more than one entry per school may be allowed.
- Last date for submitting the proposal is now extended to 15th August 2018.
- The projects will be judged by a panel of geoscientists primarily on the relevance to the topic and other aspects like creativity, visualization, perspective and originality.
- The top three entries will be awarded prizes and certificates of merit. All other participants will be awarded certificates of participation.
- The top three / five entries will be exhibited at the ‘Geoweek 2018’ to be held from 7th to 13th October 2018.
- Every team will be provided with a space of 4 X 2 feet to display the project. Other guidelines will be provided later to qualifying entries.
Participating schools can submit their entries in two ways:
- Completing the Online form or
- Email method
- Online method
Complete the online proposal form and include a short description of the project. The online form is available here
- By email
Please contact Aishwarya Ghole – 98811 45253, Mugdha Chimote 89757 95407 or Sahib Singh Virdi – 75070 90562 if you have any queries.