Prize winning entries at the Geoweek 2017
The Annual Geoweek Art contest is open for submissions.
Deadline : 8:00 PM IST on Saturday, November 12th, 2022.
Entry fee : Free
Theme : Geodiversity - Earth in its many forms!
The Art (Painting or Drawing) should be related to the field of Earth sciences encompassing topics like Nature, Earth, Environment, Astronomy, Geography, Geology, Atmospheric sciences, Hydrosphere, rivers, mountains, Star trails, fossils, rocks, outdoors, etc. In short anything related to the Earth but should highlight the diverse aspects of our Mother Earth...
- The contest is open to all internationally irrespective of age.
- More than one entry can be submitted by the same individual
How to Submit
- Make a drawing or painting of a minimum size of 11* 17 inches and not more than 20 * 24 inches.
- The Art work can be in Black & White or in color.
- Take a scan or a photograph of the same.
- The image should be high-resolution (12 x 18 inches, 300 DPI).
- Save the file and upload it to our website when filling up your registration form.
- The top twenty-five entries will be short listed for the final selection. Entrants will be notified by mail.
- The top 25 entries will be displayed during our Annual Geoweek celebrations to be held in November 2022
- Selected art will also be exhibited on our website.
- All entries need to be captioned. Entries with attention catching captions will have an edge for selection.
- Like us on our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/geoscienceforall
- The top two entries will get attractive certificates and a trophy*.
- The top twenty-five entries will be chosen by screening committee
- Decision of the selection committee and judges will be final and binding
For detailed guidelines, click here
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
All submissions must be original and not submitted to any other contest. Altered images, i.e. photographs manipulated by applying digital and/or traditional special effects will not be accepted.
Entrants assume and accept all legal and financial responsibility for any infringement on the privacy rights or copyright of others, caused by creating or presenting their work in public.
All copyrights and ownership of the works are retained by the artist. However, by entering the contest, you grant the CERG (and those authorized by the CERG) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any CERG purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the magazine and its website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to CERG publications. Any art-work that is used will include the photographer credit wherever possible. No royalties or compensation will be paid for these purposes.
CERG retains the right to exclude from the competition entries that violate the conditions of the competition and ones that violate any human or privacy rights.
- International participants will be sent trophies subject to availability of postal services.
Please contact Sudha @ 98223 01960 if you have any queries.