The Annual Geoweek Photo contest is open for submissions.
Deadline : 5:00 PM IST on Saturday, November 12th, 2022.
Entry fee : Free
Theme : Geodiversity!
The photographs should be related to the field of Earth sciences encompassing topics like Nature, Earth, Environment, Astronomy, Geography, Geology, Atmospheric sciences, Hydrosphere, rivers, mountains, Star trails, fossils, rocks, outdoors, etc. In short anything related to the Earth but should highlight the importance of diverse nature of our Earth and the role of Earth Science in day to day life.
- The contest is Open to all photographers internationally.
- More than one entry can be submitted by the same individual
How to Submit
- Follow us on Instagram @geoscienceforall
- Take a photo.
- If possible, please geotag (provide GPS co-ordinates) of the place where you took the picture.
- Upload your snap to your Instagram account with an attractive caption and tag @geoscienceforall, also use #GW22Geosnap, #geoscienceforall, #photocontest and #sustainabiity to enter the contest.
- Note that the tagging must be on the newly uploaded image only and not an earlier post.
- The entries will be disqualified if other pages are tagged.
- The top twenty-five entries will be short listed for the final selection. Entrants will be notified by mail.
- Selected entrants will have to upload a high-resolution image file (12 x 18 inches, 300 DPI) with subject – ‘GW22 - Geosnap contest - your name’ and the caption. e.g. for File name - "GW22 - Geosnap contest - Sunil Sharma"
- The top 25 entries will be displayed during our Annual Geoweek celebrations to be held in November 2022
- Selected photographs will also be exhibited on our website.
- All photographs need to be captioned. Photographs with attention catching captions will have an edge for selection.
- Participants should also give a brief description in 1 or 2 sentences about the geological / geographical significance of the photograph.
- The top two entries will get attractive trophies and certificates
- The top twenty-five entries will be chosen by screening committee
- Decision of the selection committee and judges will be final and binding
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
All submissions must be original and not submitted to any other contest. Altered images, i.e. photographs manipulated by applying digital and/or traditional special effects will not be accepted.
Entrants assume and accept all legal and financial responsibility for any infringement on the privacy rights or copyright of others, caused by creating or presenting their work in public.
All copyrights and ownership of the works are retained by the photographer. However, by entering the contest, you grant the CERG (and those authorized by the CERG) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any CERG purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the magazine and its website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to CERG publications. Any photograph reproduced will include the photographer credit wherever possible. No royalties or compensation will be paid for these purposes.
CERG retains the right to exclude from the competition entries that violate the conditions of the competition and ones that violate any human or privacy rights.
Please contact Aishwarya @ 98811 45253 @ if you have any queries.