The 1st Annual Geoweek Photo contest is now open for submissions.
Deadline: 21st Sept 2018 (Extended to 1st Oct. 2018)
Entry fee: Free
Theme : Earth Science – Geography, Geology, Astronomy
The photographs should be related to the field of Earth sciences encompassing topics like Nature, Earth, Environment, Astronomy, Geography, Geology, Atmospheric sciences, Hydrosphere, Environment, landscape, earth, nature, rivers, mountain, Sky, Star trails, fossils, rocks, outdoors, trekking, setting sun, etc. In short anything related to the Earth.
- The contest is Open to all photographers internationally.
- More than one entry can be submitted by the same individual
How to Submit
- Take a photo.
- Upload it to your Instagram and follow us @geoscienceforall
- Use #geoscienceforall and tag @geoscienceforall to enter the contest.
- Note that the tagging has to be on the newly uploaded image only and not tagging an earlier post.
- Tagging of other pages will disqualify the entry.
- The top twenty-five entries will be short listed for the final selection. Entrants will be notified by mail.
- Selected entrants will have to provide a high-resolution image ( 12 x 18 inches, 300 DPI) by email with subject – ‘Photo Contest’ and the caption.
- Prints of these entries will be displayed at the our Annual Geoweek exhibition to be held from 8th to 10th October 2018 in Pune, India.
- All photographs need to be captioned. Photographs with attention catching captions will be have an edge for selection.
- The top two entries will get attractive trophies and a special gift hamper.
- The top twenty-five entries will be chosen by screening committee
- Decision of the selection committee and judges will be final and binding
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
All submissions must be original and not submitted to any other contest. Altered images, i.e. photographs manipulated by applying digital and/or traditional special effects will not be accepted.
Entrants assume and accept all legal and financial responsibility for any infringement on the privacy rights or copyright of others, caused by creating or presenting their work in public.
All copyrights and ownership of the works are retained by the photographer. However, by entering the contest, you grant the CERG (and those authorized by the CERG) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any CERG purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the magazine and its website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to CERG publications. Any photograph reproduced will include the photographer credit wherever possible. No royalties or compensation will be paid for these purposes.
CERG retains the right to exclude from the competition entries that violate the conditions of the competition and ones that violate any human or privacy rights.
Please contact Mugdha Chimote 89757 95407, Sahib Singh Virdi – 75070 90562 or Aishwarya Ghole – 98811 45253, if you have any queries.