A three-day workshop on ‘QGIS – An Open Source GIS Applications for Monitoring, Evaluation & Research’ will be conducted on 11th, 12th & 13th of July 2019.
This workshop will present an introduction to Open Source software for Geoinformatics (FOSS4G) and some of the recent tools of FOSS4G useful for Monitoring, Evaluation & Research needs. The workshop will cover in detail the use of QGIS, the world’s most used GIS software.
The workshop is unique in that it would not only provide an overview of technology but also make available the tools and techniques for data collection, visualization and analysis.
Who can attend ?
Any individual who is in the field of research and uses data for further study will benefit from this workshop. It is well suited for anyone who wants to collect location based or geo-tagged data. Techniques taught in this workshop can be used in any field – Geology, Geography, Archaeology, Environmental Sciences, Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Sciences marketing, field surveys, management of natural resources, disaster mitigation, public health, asset/facility management and environmental monitoring.
- Introduction of Course & GIS
- Introduction to Open Source GIS
- GIS Map software, tools & configuration
- Remote Sensing Data in GIS
- Spatial Analysis, DEM Analysis & 3D Viewing
- Web GIS – Uploading GIS data on Internet
- Map Digitization
- Map Making & Evaluation
- GPS Data Mapping
- Use of data gathering tools like Epicollect/ODK
11th, 12th and 13th of July 2019
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (I2IT),
P-14, RAJIV GANDHI INFOTECH PARK, PHASE – 1, HINJAWADI, PUNE – 411057
The workshop is being conducted jointly with the Pralhad P. Chhabria Research Centre’s, Centre of Excellence in Geoinformatics and the Hope Foundation’s International Institute of Information Technology (I2IT) Pune.
PRALHAD P. CHHABRIA RESEARCH CENTRE’S
Dr V. Rajesh Chowdhary
Dr V. Rajesh Chowdhary has more than 7 years of experience in the field of Remote Sensing & GIS. He has obtained his doctorate in Remote Sensing & GIS from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand and worked for three years as Research Associate. Currently, he is serving as Associate Professor at International Institute of Information Technology, Pune. He has obtained his Master and Bachelor degree from International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Pune, India and JNTU, Kakinada, India respectively. His research interest includes RS & GIS application in Urban Planning & Management, Urban Disaster Risk Reduction & Management, Forest Carbon Stock, Ionospheric Modelling, Space Weather, GNSS, Web GIS, and Open GIS. His key research projects include research on Ionospheric Scintillations in Asia (RISA) using GNSS, He has conducted various workshops and trainings on Geo-informatics across India and Thailand for academic & professional bodies.
Natraj Vaddadi has over 30 years of professional experience spanning diverse portfolios for large multinationals across petroleum, automobile and the IT enabled industries.
A certified trainer with several multinationals, he has run over 350 courses and trained around 9000 participants on a wide gamut of topics. He has also been teaching post graduate courses in Drilling engineering and Production Operations at University of Pune for over 30 years. More recently, he has been in working in the field of societal geosciences and Societal GIS and has conducted workshops in Open Source data collection tools in India, Thailand, Sri Lanka and Vietnam.
- Registration for workshop is mandatory.
- There is a registration fee of Rs. 6200/- which will have to be paid before the workshop.
- Early bird registration fees is Rs 5600/- if registration is done by 25th of June 2019
- Discounted price available for students – RS. 5000/- if paid before 25th June 2019
- Registration includes tea and lunch for the three days.
- Workshop is open to all, but senior Graduate & Post graduate students will be preferred
- Further details on the workshop will be mailed to applicants after successful payment.
- All participants will need to bring their own laptop.
- Number of participants restricted.
- Certificate will be awarded on satisfactory completion.
- Last date for registration is 30th June 2019.
HOPE FOUNDATION’S PRALHAD P. CHHABRIA RESEARCH CENTRE’S