Earth Science encompasses many areas and explores the interrelationships between human activity and the earth (Geosphere). ‘Geoscience for All’ is a volunteer initiative of professional Earth Scientists to promote Earth Literacy – translating information on Earth Science into a language and learning that can be understood by the common man.
- The objective of the film Contest is to celebrate and encourage students to articulate important areas of Earth Sciences and build awareness of the importance of Earth Science in a common man’s life. The public screening programs are designed to highlight the creator as much as the work itself.
- The Short film contest is a juried competition, open to students studying in any school, college or University in India. Open schoolers are also welcome. The film can be made by an individual or by a team.
- The total running time of the films should be 5 minutes or less.
- All qualified entries must be original, independently produced should not have not been exhibited on Internet or any other medium, prior to this Contest.
- Films must be shot in HD and should be in English.
- Prize money of upto Rs. 10,000/- to be won. Best film wins Rs. 5,000 and the next best film wins Rs 3000/-. More prizes based on the number of entries
- There is a registration fee of Rs 200/- per film which will have to be paid before final submission.
- The entry deadline for the 2018 competition and festival is 5:00 PM IST on Friday, September 28th, 2018. Applicants will be notified of their status after Screening Committee viewing.
- Selected films will be exhibited during the ‘Geoweek 2018’ celebrations being held from the 8th to 13th October 2018.
If you are interested in participating and would like to receive detailed information, please fill in the form given below.
Please contact Mugdha Chimote 89757 95407, Sahib Singh Virdi – 75070 90562 or Aishwarya Ghole – 98811 45253, if you have any queries.