Become a part of CERG - Volunteer with us
Volunteers are essential to all socially oriented work. CERG started as a volunteer initiative in 2017 and since then, has organised many events/projects to fulfil its objective of spreading awareness of importance of Earth Sciences. Take a look at our gallery and you will get an idea of what we have done so far. Our work reaches out to schools, colleges and the common man.
At CERG, volunteering need not be a long-term commitment or take a lot of time out of your busy day. Even a small commitment of your time to a specific project or event can help not only us but you also. You can get involved in many ways - on short-term projects or a more long-term commitment. And you don’t have to be an Earth Scientist or studying Earth Sciences.
- Get an understanding and appreciation of outreach programs and the rich potential of the medium as a powerful tool of expression, communication and community awareness.
- Experience the real-time organization and running of professionally managed events by being a part of the Front desk, Hospitality, Photography and other teams .
- Learn what happens behind the scenes of such events, meet industry professionals and be among the first to experience unique outreach programs.
- Develop understanding, critical thinking and the ability to query, and seek answers and solutions.
- Pursue active learning through dynamic interaction with the audience, speakers and presenters during the week.
- Contribute to the building of the awareness of critical importance of Earth Sciences to community development.
- Contribute to the community through socially relevant research projects.
Besides the above
- Builds your experience and develop new life skills.
- Develop communication, practice collaboration and team working
- Increase your self-confidence.
- Get a sense of purpose and satisfaction.
- Meet new people with similar interests and build your network.
- Allows you to explore career choices and enhance your resume.
Then fill out the form here..